Are you happy to become a volunteer? We are more than happy to welcome you to Skiathos Trail Run 2023 and our ever-evolving and extended volunteer family!
Success lies in teamwork. Thus, we are grateful for your support and we invite you to work together and support all athletes and guests, delivering high-quality services during the event and parallel activities during the pre-race weekend. Please find below a few questions that may help you before applying to become a volunteer!
Our aim is a successful organization and the great satisfaction we can all get from it!
1. What do I need to become a volunteer at Skiathos Trail Run?
To become a volunteer, you should be over 18 years old and fill in the volunteer application form. Kindly check below – underage participation at the question below.
2. I am a high school student. Can I become a volunteer at Skiathos Trail Run?
Due to age limitations, school students can participate through their school or the club that participates in the volunteering program of the event. High school students can participate individually if companied by an adult volunteer. All underage participants should submit a parental consent form.
3. When and until when can I submit the volunteer application form for the 11th Skiathos Trail Run?
The volunteer application form will be available online from 18/3 – 9/9/2023. Kindly note that there will be at least two meetings for informing volunteers on their duties, between 5-15/9/2023. The exact dates will be announced in early September.
4. How can I help with the organization?
You may view the information regarding the areas where you can offer your services at the field “Volunteering Sections”.
5. Can I choose the position to which I will be assigned?
Yes, provided that you indicate it in your volunteer application form, in the field “Volunteering Sections”, and as long as that this specific position is available. It is worth mentioning that the voluntary employment opportunities aim to cover the needs of the races and support the overall strategic planning of the event. We strive to keep up with your desire when completing the application if and when it is possible based on the conditions, parameters and limitations that exist in every opportunity / employment field.
6. Can I be assigned at the same station with my friends?
Yes, provided that you indicate it during the informative meetings in September 2023
7. How will I be informed about the position assigned?
You should be present at the meetings held in order to inform volunteers on their duties, during September 2023. The exact dates and location will be announced in early September. We hope that in the near future, we will be able to send you an e-mail with all relevant information and you will be prompted to accept or deny the specific position, hopefully for Skiathos Trail Run 2023.
8. When will I know if I have been selected as a volunteer?
About 2 weeks before the event, the first informative meeting will be held (4-10/9) in order to inform you on that, on your duties and on any further queries you may possibly have.
9. How much time do I have to commit on the day of the event?
Time depends on the volunteer opportunity and the shift type. Each shift lasts about 1-3 hours depending on position.
10. Is it compulsory to remain in the position to which I have been assigned until the end?
Volunteering is not something you do out of obligation. It is essential and absolutely necessary to complete the task you choose to perform.
11. Will I attend any training before participating in the event?
Yes. A few days before the event, you will be asked to participate in at least two informative meetings, between 6-16/9/2023. The exact dates and location will be announced in early September.
12. Can I run one of the races and offer my services as a volunteer thereafter?
No. Τhe hours of volunteer service cannot be combined with the runners’ racing schedule. Therefore, you should decide whether to be a volunteer or a runner.
13. What happens if I don’t show up on the day of the event?
Failure to show up on the day of the race will create an irreplaceable void at the position to which you have been assigned, since no one will be able and ready to replace you at that time.
14. I have submitted a volunteer application form but something came up and I would like to cancel my participation. Do I need to inform someone and when?
Yes, of course. You should definitely inform the Volunteering Program as soon as possible: a week notice period is required in order for a replacement to be found. Please send us an e-mail at email@example.com or call us on any of the numbers given on Contact.
15. I cannot be there on the day of the race. However, I want to help during the days before the race, will I be able to do so?
Volunteers must be available on the race day. Your contribution during the days before the race is important but not necessary. In the future, only volunteers who will be present on the race day will receive a Certificate of Participation in the event.
16. I am a volunteer at the event. Can I bring my children with me on the day of the race?
On the day of the event, many of the areas where the race takes place may be overcrowded; therefore, your children would need appropriate supervision. If you wish to bring your children with you, it is preferable to choose a support station to offer your services where the environment is relatively safer and you would also need to fill in your child’s application form.
17. What should I wear on the day of the event?
All volunteers must wear our official Skiathos Trail Run T-shirt and their Volunteer Label, as long as their personal accreditation. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
18. If the T-shirt provided by the organizer gets lost or ruined, can I replace it with another?
No, it is the responsibility of the volunteer to keep the T-shirt of the event intact during the race.
19. After the event, do I have to return the clothes and the accreditation that I have received?
No. Whatever you receive is a memorabilia of the event’s participants – given the fact that you were present and have signed-out upon departure.
20. Is there a personal items storage area available on the day of the event?
No, there is no special personal items storage area and all volunteers are prompted to carry only the items that are absolutely necessary for personal use.
21. If, on the day of the race, the weather is bad, rainy, will the race take place?
The race will take place under any weather conditions unless there are exceptional circumstances or extreme weather conditions that require the delay, the postponement or the cancellation of the race.
22. Do I need to have specific skills or qualifications in order to become a volunteer?
Requirements vary from position to position, however, for many volunteer positions, fluency in English and eagerness to acquire new experiences is essential. It should be noted that, as far as the medical services are concerned, volunteers shouldn’t be properly trained in the respective medical field since there will be medical assistance throughout and after the race.
23. Will I receive a participation certificate after the completion of the event?
Yes, provided that you have participated on the day of the race and that your team leader has recorded your presence. Approximately a week after the end of the event, you will be able to receive your participation certificate.
We would like to warmly thank you for your interest in our volunteering program, aiming to raise community awareness, strengthen community engagement and collaboration resulting to our island’s overall social sustainability.
Please feel free to spread the word and kindly forward the application form to friends that may be interested in joining our Skiathos Trail Run 2023!